The Chhattisgarh Professional Examination Board (CPEB) conducts Chhattisgarh Pre-Engineering Test (PET) for admission to various undergraduate programs in the institutions of the state. CG PET is conducted as a pen and paper-based examination, where qualified candidates are admitted to B.E./B.Tech programs in the disciplines of Engineering, Dairy Technology and Agricultural Technology. The board is expected to make an official announcement of the operation of CG PET on the website vyapam.cgstate.gov.in soon for admission to the academic session starting from . Read the details about CG PET including eligibility conditions, syllabus, pattern and more. This article was based on the previous iteration of the exam last year.
CG PET Eligibility Criteria
For Agricultural Engineering:
- Eligibility: To be eligible for the examination, candidates must have passed 12th class from any recognized board or university.
- Percentage: He / she will have to score minimum 45% marks (40% in case of reserved category).
- Mandatory Subject: Candidates should have Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics and one other professional subject which is eligible for the examination.
- Age Limit: He should be at least 16 years of age at the time of admission.
For Diary Technology:
- Eligibility: Candidates must have passed the intermediate or its equivalent examination.
- Percentage: He / she will have to score minimum 50% marks (40% in case of reserved category).
- Mandatory subjects: To be eligible, candidates must have Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics and English as compulsory subjects.
- Age Limit: He should be at least 17 years of age at the time of admission.
- Eligibility: To be eligible for the examination, the candidates must have passed the 12th level examination from any recognized board or university.
- Percentage: He / she will have to score minimum 45% marks (40% for reserved category).
- Mandatory Subject: Candidates should be eligible for Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics or any other professional subject examination.
- Nationality: Indian national citizens will be eligible for the examination.
- Domicile: Candidates should have domicile of the state and should be resident of Chhattisgarh state.
CG PET Application Form
- The CG PET application will be made available through online mode.
- Candidates will be able to submit applications from the third week of March .
- The last date for submission of the form will be the first week of April .
- The application process will include exam selection, registration, image upload, application verification and fee payment.
- During registration, candidates will also have to provide email ID and phone number in the application form.
- All important information related to the application form will be sent to the candidates on the registered ID and number.
- Finally, candidates should not forget to take several printouts filled in the application form for further use.
- Candidates will be able to submit the application fee through both online as well as offline.
- Online mode of payment includes credit card, debit card, or net banking.
- For offline mode, SBI- bank challan method will be used to submit the application fee.
- Candidates must check following table for application fee for different categories:
|General candidates||Rs. 200/-|
|OBC candidates||Rs. 150/-|
|SC/ ST/ PH candidates||Rs. 100/-|
CG PET Exam Pattern
|Subject||No. of Questions||Maximum marks|
- Exam Shifts: The examination will be held in two shifts as morning & afternoon.
- No of Questions: There will be total 150 questions in the question paper.
- Questions Type: The Multiple Choice Questions (MCQ) will be asked in the examination.
- Language medium: Question paper will be available in English & Hindi
- Time Duration: Examination will be organized for 3 hours
- Total marks: Question paper will consist of 150 marks.
- Marking scheme: Each right answer will consists of 1 mark.
CG PET Admit Card
The CG PET Admit Card will be made available on the website through online mode. It will be released in the first week of May . It will be mandatory for all the applicable candidates to carry the admit card at the examination center.
No candidate will be allowed to appear in the examination without the admit card. The admit card will include the candidates name, parents name, exam date, examination center, registration ID, exam time, photograph, signature and examination instructions.
CG PET Results
The result of CG PET will be declared as a score card. The result will be published in the first week of June . Candidates have to enter their login credentials to check and download their result.
The result will be the safe marks of each candidate in the examination. The authority will release the merit list on the website according to the rank allotted to the candidates. As per the declared result, qualified candidates will be called for the counseling process.
CG PET Counseling
CG PET counseling will be organized by Directorate of Technical Education (DTE) Chhattisgarh. It will be conducted through online mode. The counseling process will include online registration, filling of preference, preference and priority, document verification and seat allocation.
The counseling session will be held in three rounds. It will be mandatory for all qualified candidates to participate in the counseling process. All eligible candidates will be given admission after the counseling process starts.
Candidates are required to bring all necessary and mandatory documents at the time of counseling. The following documents will be required at the time of counseling:
CG PET Important Dates
|Online application form||3rd week of March|
|Last date to submit online application form with fee||1st week of April|
|Admit card availability||1st week of May|
|CG PET Exam||1st week of May|
|Answer Key releases||4th week of May|
|Result declaration||1st week of June|
|Counselling process||2nd week of June|